First 5 Sacramento is committed to creating a brighter future for our community through developing and supporting high-quality child care.
We do this through two funded programs:
Both programs provide support for early childhood educators in order to grow and enhance their skills. Click the links above to read more about each program’s services.
Looking for child care? Here's a quick outline of what to look for in quality child care.
- Culturally Responsive Caregiving
- Engaging with Parents
- Health & Safety Practices
- Inclusion for all Children and Families
- Measuring Program Quality
- Onsite Training & Consultation
- Positive Discipline & Guidance
- Professional Growth Activities
- Reflective Practice
- Relationship Building
- Strengthening Children's Learning