$40 Million in First 5 Sacramento Funding Available
Over the next two
months, First 5 Sacramento will be staggering the release of multiple Request
for Proposals (RFPs) totaling over $40 million in funding. Contracts will begin
July 2021. Funding over a three-year period for
services benefiting the health and well-being of young children will be
allocated among the following priority areas:
- Preventing African American Child Deaths
- Strengthening Families/Decreasing Child Abuse and Trauma
- Increasing Access to Early Care
- Improving School Readiness
- Building Quality Child Care Settings
- Increasing Breastfeeding
For background information and the funding allocation for each area, refer to the
First 5 Implementation and Systems Improvement Plan. Additional background information is also available in the
First 5 Strategic Plan.
About the Mandatory Bidders Conferences:
will have a Mandatory Bidders Conference that a representative of your
organization must attend in order to be eligible to apply. Some Mandatory
Bidders Conferences will share information on multiple RFPs via
breakout rooms. If your organization is interested in more than one RFP,
please send a representative to each bidders conference.
Please take note of the following:
- The conference will be held via Zoom – you will need to make sure you have a Zoom account in order to participate. We encourage you to test out your Zoom account in advance to make sure it works.
- An RSVP is needed to obtain the link for each Zoom conference. Please see below for the RSVP deadline for each RFP. The meeting link will be sent after registration. Each registration link is unique to each participant and cannot be shared.
- We cannot control any potential challenges with technology, such as internet speed or problems with logging in. We encourage you to log on to the Mandatory Bidders Conference at least 5 minutes ahead of the start time to account for any such challenges.
- In order to ensure that everyone receives all the needed information for the conference, there will be no exceptions for late attendance. We will be closing admission to the conference 10 minutes after the start of the meeting and will not be allowing additional participants in to the meeting.
- During the Zoom conference, submit all questions via the chat option.
Developmental Screenings and Centralized Referrals Request for Proposals (RFP)
Release date September 15, 2020. Available Funding: $1,020,000 over a three-years.
Note: If your organization plans to apply for funding, attendance is required at the Mandatory Bidders Conference on
September 24, 2020 at 2 p.m.
An RSVP is needed to obtain the link for the Zoom conference. RSVP deadline is 5 p.m. September 22, 2020.
RSVP and questions to
School Readiness Request for Application (RFA)
Release date September 15, 2020. Available Funding: $9,234,005 over a three-years.
Note: If your organization plans to apply for funding, attendance is required at the Mandatory Application Information Session on
September 24, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
An RSVP is needed to obtain the link for the Zoom conference. RSVP deadline is
5 p.m. September 22, 2020.
RSVP and questions to